On hot summer days, if you want to find a calm, gentle place, majestic nature, and breathe the fresh air in the North, there is no more suitable place than Moc Chau. It is pretty convenient to travel, eat well, admire the beautiful scenery, both wild and poetic, etc. Let find out the Moc Chau Travel Guide in this article today!
- 1. Ideal time to travel to Moc Chau
- 2. How to move to Moc Chau?
- 3. What to prepare for Moc Chau tourism?
- 4. Where to stay? Moc Chau Travel Guide
- 5. Tourist destinations in Moc Chau (Travel Guide)
- 6. What to eat when traveling to Moc Chau?
1. Ideal time to travel to Moc Chau
With the typical plateau terrain, the climate in Moc Chau is chill all year round, the weather is pleasant in 4 seasons, so any occasion to travel to Moc Chau is suitable for you!
However, suppose you like the unique characteristics of each season, bringing unforgettable experiences. In that case, you can go to Moc Chau on occasions of the plum blossom season, which lasts from late January to mid-February (the Lunar New Year). This time is ideal for hanging out with many visitors to visit Moc Chau to hunt pure white plum blossoms in the whole sky.
Ban flower season and Het Cha festival: As soon as the white plum blossom season fades, it will be the blooming season of Ban flowers. Moc Chau is covered with a splendid purple white from April to May but equally poetic and gentle.
On the summer occasion from May, when plums are in fruit, go to Moc Chau to enjoy clean, round plums rich in mountain flavor.
From the end of November to the middle of December, there will be a massive bloom of Moc Chau white mustard flowers and soft yellow wild sunflowers. At this time, Moc Chau was changed to a new shirt with a shirt of purity when the hills, valleys, and streets were all covered with delicate white color, dotted with the gold of wild sunflowers. We will not encapsulate that scene in the word “landscape,” but it is a magical picture created from beautiful nature.
- Hang Tau Village Moc Chau – the pristine place with no modern technology
- Top 05 emerging attractions in Moc Chau, Vietnam
- Suoi Chieu Lake (Son La) – a place to chill amid moutain and forest
2. How to move to Moc Chau?
Moc Chau has located about 180km from Hanoi. If traveling by bus, it will take about 5 hours. From My Dinh or Yen Nghia bus stations, there is a bus route to Moc Chau. The fare ranges from 150-200k/person/turn.
Some bus companies you can refer to are:
- Tam Huong bus: 130k/ticket, departing at Yen Nghia bus station, phone number 0397.980. 999 – 0911 233 555
- Ka Linh bus: 130k/ticket – 160k/ticket depending on vehicle type, depart from Yen Nghia bus station, phone 081 886 8222
- Thanh Chung bus: 160k/ticket, 40-seat bed, departing from My Dinh bus station, phone 0985688509 – 0888999387
- Hai Van bus: 160k/ticket, sleeper bus, departing from Yen Nghia bus station, phone 19006763
In addition to buses, you can go to the palace to Moc Chau by motorbike. The most convenient route to ride a motorbike is on National Highway 6 through Yen Nghia bus station – turn left along the road to Chuong My stadium – then turn On Nguyen Van Troi street – to the intersection with QL21A – DT2 – DT12B – QL6 – go straight to Moc Chau. Everyone should download the latest version of Google Maps to get accurate directions by motorbike.
3. What to prepare for Moc Chau tourism?
The most complete Moc Chau Travel Guide, you should carefully prepare your personal belongings:
- Clothing: The weather in Moc Chau is quite cold, if you go at the end or the beginning of the year, warm clothes should always be fully prepared. If you travel to Moc Chau from April to August, in the summer period, it is sunny, but in the evening it will be cold, so you need to bring thin clothes and a jacket to be able to adapt.
- Shoes: Sports shoes are always the first choice, in addition, you can also prepare more flat sandals to easily move to avoid foot pain.
- Personal belongings: You should bring essential items for yourself: towel, brush, etc. If your group plans to camp outdoors, you can bring extra tents.
- Cash: Depending on the schedule, how many days you travel to Moc Chau, estimate the amount of money to bring accordingly. There is also no need to bring too much because there are many ATMs in Moc Chau town for tourists to withdraw money.
- Camera: Moc Chau is famous for its poetic landscape, so it is always necessary to equip yourself with a camera or a good camera phone to save every moment.
4. Where to stay? Moc Chau Travel Guide
In Moc Chau, there are quite a few hotels, homestays, and cheap motels located centrally and scattered everywhere in the district. However, you should choose a reservation at one of the following areas:
- Moc Chau town: near many famous tourist attractions, many hotels, restaurants, eateries.
- Phieng Luong commune: near many tourist attractions, there are many beautiful motels and homestays.
- Dong Sang commune: few motels and hotels, but near the Ang table pine forest, there are many dorm rooms.
- Moc Chau town farm : near tea hill, plum valley.
You can refer to Bo House, Mama House Moc Chau, My House Homestay, Moc Chau Arena Village, Fairy House Moc Chau. These are all new Homestays built in entirely different styles, beautiful gods. If the price is too favorable and attractive to most young people’s budget, this is a big revolution for Moc Chau tourism.
Suppose your travel budget is limited. Then don’t worry because Moc Chau also has quite a few cheap hotels and motels such as Huong Sen Moc Chau Hotel, Thao Nguyen Moc Chau Hotel, Trade Union Hotel Moc Chau Chau, Moc Chau Green Star Hotel, Xuan Cuong Guest House, Pha Luong Guest House, etc.
5. Tourist destinations in Moc Chau (Travel Guide)
Where should Moc Chau travel in the summer? In order not to miss the opportunity to explore this beautiful land, let’s with Say Hello Vietnam Travel to refer to the Moc Chau tourist destinations below:
Dai Yem Waterfall
- Ticket price: 30,000 VND/person.
Dai Yem Waterfall is like a tourist symbol of Moc Chau. In the summer, the waterfall flows and falls very majestically and creates a scene that makes a strong impression on the audience.
Pine forest in Ang village
- Entrance ticket price: 20,000 VND/person
Ang village pine forest is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Moc Chau. From the center of Moc Chau town, move about 2km toward Highway 43 to reach the pine forest.
Located on the territory of Dong Sang commune, Moc Chau district with about 43 hectares of forest land and 5 hectares of the lake, the pine forest area of Ang village has long been likened to a miniature Da Lat of the Northwest region. Tall green pine trees, growing on ferralit red soil, create an extraordinarily majestic and poetic scene.
Chimi Strawberry Farm
Located in the pine forest area of Ang village, Chimi Farm is known as a strawberry farm with the most advanced technology. Chimi Farm not only grows strawberries but is also designed with exciting experiences for visitors.
Moc Chau Happy Land tourist area
- Entrance fee: 20,000 VND/person.
Happy Land is located in Lon village, Muong Sang district, with about 5 hectares. Coming here, you will be surprised because you are lost in a paradise with flower beds and colorful flower hearts, including many typical flowers of the Northwest. On the grounds of Happy Land, there is also a sheep farm with countless cute sheep. You can rent more national costumes, to take beautiful pictures with sheep and flower gardens.
Moc Chau Tea Hill
There is a place to visit in Moc Chau that surely everyone wants to set foot there is Moc Chau tea hill. The image of big green tea hills stretching along the hillside has inspired photographers and young people passionate about travel.
Pha Phach Village
Pha Phach village, also known as Ba Phach, located on National Highway 6, about 5 km from the junction of Moc Chau town, is one of the must-visit places when traveling to Moc Chau. People grow many white canola flowers on the way to Pha Phach village, so the village is also known as “Canola flower paradise.”
Long Sap border gate
One of the destinations that you can’t experience everywhere is the Vietnam-Laos international border gate. Let’s share the feeling of going “abroad” for a day. This will be very interesting. The Long Sap border gate is between Vietnam and Laos, located at landmark 255 between the Vietnam-Laos border. This landmark is located at the end of the junction of Long Sap town. The border gate is always bustling, and the natural scenery is highly majestic.
6. What to eat when traveling to Moc Chau?
According to Moc Chau Travel Guide, the specialties you must try are the culinary quintessence of the mountainous region.
Thang co is a specialty dish of the people of Moc Chau. They are very proud of this dish of their people. Thang Co is made from horse meat and horse organs.
Moc Chau veal – The dish has become a branded dish of the Moc Chau people. The dish is made from the meat of young calves that are delicious and sweet.
Kitchen buffalo meat is a specialty dish of Thai people in Moc Chau. The piece of buffalo meat in the kitchen is marinated with a lot of different spices, in which there is a unique fruit of Mac Khen, a typical fruit of the people of the Northwest mountains.
Moc Chau Colostrum Milk, in the early morning in the cold of Moc Chau’s air, holding a cup of hot, fragrant milk will feel warm, unusually refreshing in one sip.
With the Moc Chau travel guide summarized above, we hope you will have an exciting trip to Moc Chau and don’t forget to share the good experiences with Say Hello Vietnam!