Bach Ma National Park is a pristine destination in Hue with beauty as a paradise that nowhere exists. Coming to Bach Ma, you can admire the clouds and wind on the top of the high mountain, the beautiful natural scenery.
- Where is Bach Ma National Park?
- The ideal time to go to Bach Ma National Park
- How to go to Bach Ma National Park, Hue
- The beautiful beauty of “paradise on earth” at Bach Ma National Park
- Interesting experiences when coming to Bach Ma National Park, Hue
- Where to travel when visiting Bach Ma National Park, Hue
- What to eat when you come to Bach Ma National Park, Hue
- Pocket some notes when exploring Bach Ma National Park, Hue
Where is Bach Ma National Park?
Bach Ma National Park is located in Phu Loc district, Thua Thien Hue province, 40 km from Hue city, the park has a total area of nearly 37,500 ha. Bach Ma Mountain nestled on the Truong Son mountain range looks like a white horse stretching its legs toward the immense sea.
This park is the only strip of primary forest in Vietnam that connects the country from the East Sea to the Vietnam – Laos border. Not only charming scenery, cooling climate, and French-style villas like in Da Lat, but Bach Ma is also a place to gather many rare animals and plants of the tropics in vast primeval forests with breathtaking streams and waterfalls.
With a total area of nearly 37,500 hectares, coming here, visitors will learn about the rich flora and fauna, admire the majestic scenery of the mountains, or feel the weather of 4 seasons in a day.
The ideal time to go to Bach Ma National Park
According to Hue tourism experience, from December to April (the dry season) is considered the most suitable for traveling to Bach Ma National Park, at this time the weather is dry, and there is no severe rains ideal for travel.
How to go to Bach Ma National Park, Hue
To travel to Bach Ma National Park, tourists often come from Hue or Da Nang as the most convenient, from Hue or Da Nang you can ride a motorbike or car to Bach Ma.
– The way from Hue to Bach Ma: From Hue, you take the car to follow Danang’s direction and then go to Highway 1A, go straight to Phu Loc commune, you continue to drive until you see the blue Bach Ma direction board (on the right-hand side) then go straight ahead.
Note, when on the way to Phu Loc commune, you will see a sign that says the road to Truc Lam Bach Ma Zen Monastery, so do not to follow because that is the way to Zen Monastery, not the way Bach Ma.
– Going to Bach Ma National Park from Da Nang: From Da Nang city, follow Highway 1A up to the North about 60 km, pass Hai Van pass, to the famous Cau Hai market on Cau Hai lagoon, turn left to get on the way to Bach Ma National Park.
– Going from the gate to the top of Bach Ma Peak : When you go to the gate of Bach Ma National Park you will have to buy a ticket to go inside, from the gate to the top is about 19km, you can ride a motorbike or rent a car 12 seats at the garden gate to go to the top of Bach Ma.
The beautiful beauty of “paradise on earth” at Bach Ma National Park
Bach Ma mountain has a wild beauty, immense space, lush green trees with full of vitality that makes you feel immersed in nature to enjoy the most quintessential things of the sky.
There are 139 villas in the middle of the mountain which were completed in 1942. Bach Ma then became one of the seven high-rise resorts in Indochina. Currently, this place is empty or improperly used.
From the top of Bach Ma Mountain, you follow the sloping down for about 2 km. It will be Do Quyen Villa with quiet beauty, classical architecture like European villas.
The specialty that makes this place even more romantic is the Formosan gum– a leafy tree with three pointed lobes. On the occasion of March, the leaves begin to turn red, creating a beautiful landscape for the park. Many people call it Bach Ma maple because it is like the maple leaf (maple leaf has five lobes).
Interesting experiences when coming to Bach Ma National Park, Hue
Schedule to discover the Park
From the gate, you go straight to the top of Bach Ma, Check-in Sea-view Tower (Hai Vong Dai) – the most beautiful tourist destination in Bach Ma Park, then from Hai Vong Dai, you start trekking to discover the famous tourist attractions in the park such as Do Quyen waterfall, Five Lakes, trails through the forest to explore the rich vegetation of the forest.
Hai Vong Dai
This spot is the most attractive place to check-in in Bach Ma National Park, from here you can admire the whole beautiful natural landscape of the forest.
From Hai Vong Dai, you can see Lang Co beach, Canh Duong beach, with a panoramic view, so you should prepare a camera and backup battery to take beautiful photos here.
Do Quyen Waterfall
From Hai Vong Dai, you trek about 2km along the Do Quyen trail to Do Quyen Waterfall, when coming here, you not only admire the unique natural scenery but also discover a lot of interesting things.
After exploring Do Quyen Waterfall, you continue to explore Ngu Ho which is made up of 5 small lakes, located close to each other to form a large stream, Lake deep in the forest so the water is clear and cool, you can bathe and swim freely.
Explore the trails on the grounds of the national park
Walking on the trails in Bach Ma National Park is a not-to-be-missed experience activity. Not only have the opportunity to admire the natural beauty along the Tri Sao trail leading to the Tri Sao waterfall, Do Quyen trail leading to Do Quyen waterfall, Vong Hai Dai trail, Ngu Ho trail, etc. but also the opportunity to explore destroying rare and precious trees named in red books. If you are interested in studying nature on the roads, this will be the ideal journey for you.
Dwarf village – Hobbit
After finishing the journey to visit the park, the ” hobbit village ” at the foot of Bach Ma mountain is a suggestion for visitors to take a rest and take check-in photos. This place is a picnic area built based on the inspiration of the famous dwarf hobbit movie “The Lord of the Rings.” The entrance fee to the resort is VND 100,000 per adult and VND 60,000 per child with a height of 0.9 – 1.3 m. Children under 0.9 m are free of charge.
Where to travel when visiting Bach Ma National Park, Hue
If you are going home during the day, you do not need to pay too much attention to the accommodation issue. You can refer to the following types of accommodation:
– Camping: In Bach Ma, there are many beautiful, flat vacations that allow you to camp. Note that the camping area is located at Km17 at the foot of the mountain, you have to pay a camping fee of 30,000 VND per adult.
– Homestay or affordable guesthouse at the foot of the mountain: in the Km17 area, there are many motels and homestays of the people serving tourists with room price of about VND 300,000 / 1 night. Dining options are available at these properties.
– Accommodation on the mountain area: Do Quyen Villa, Kim Giao Villa, Phong Lan Villa.
What to eat when you come to Bach Ma National Park, Hue
– When you go deep into the forest, there are not many dining options, because the restaurants are mostly at the km17. If you want to have lunch here, you need to go from the top of Bach Ma back to km17 to eat, but that will be very inconvenient for your journey, so you should bring food and have a meal in the woods.
Pocket some notes when exploring Bach Ma National Park, Hue
When traveling to Bach Ma National Park you should prepare some of the following essential items
– Clothes: Should bring lightweight clothes + thin coats, because the weather in Bach Ma National Park has a diverse bean atmosphere, which can be said including 4 seasons in a day.
Rhododendron blossoms atop Bach Ma. Photo: proudvietnamtravel
– Shoes: Bring sports shoes, hug your feet to facilitate climbing, exploring Bach Ma National Park.
– Health: Bring common medicines such as flu, headache, insect repellent, antiseptic, bandage …
– Camera, phone taking pictures to be able to save beautiful moments when traveling to Bach Ma National Park .
– If you travel to Bach Ma National Park in the form of camping, you should bring tents, tarpaulins, food …
– Motorbikes or cars with over 30 seats are not allowed on the summit of Bach Ma.
– You can be fined for littering, pulling trees, breaking branches or violating other prohibited rules while in Bach Ma.
– Admission fee: Children, pupils, students: 20,000 VND / ticket. Adults: VND 60,000 / ticket.
If you have the opportunity to travel to Hue , do not miss the opportunity to explore the way to the foreground in Bach Ma National Park, certainly the beautiful scenery and what you experience will make you feel satisfied and more love nature, land It’s my country