Harking back to Da Lat, the city of Lam Dong province, people usually think of the gorgeous beauty of flower gardens and charming landscapes of pine forests. On top of that, Da Lat is actually a wonderful scenery for those who want to have a perfect holiday. Dalat travel guide introduces interesting destinations, places to eat, and more useful information for visitors to travel before visiting this beautiful flower city.
- Dalat Travel Guide
- Weather- When is the best time to visit Da Lat? Dalat Travel Guide
- How to get there?
- Dalat Travel Guide – What destinations to visit in Dalat?
- What to eat in Dalat? Restaurants in Da Lat – Dalat Travel Guide
- Where to stay in Dalat ?- Hotels, homestays in Dalat?
- Hotels in Dalat
- Homestay in Dalat
- Best Coffee Shops in Dalat
- Flower seasons in Dalat
- Ticket price to visit Dalat’s attractions in 2018
Dalat Travel Guide
Dalat is a romantic city located in Lam Dong– the region of central Vietnam. Situated in Lam Vien highland with a height of 1500 meters above the sea level, Da Lat city has cool weather all year-round. Because of such advantages, Da Lat has very good conditions to grow flowers and develop tourism. Because Dalat owned too many heritage unique architectures of France, and great natural landscapes, people affectionately call Da Lat city with beautiful names as ”the little Paris of Vietnam”, ” the foggy city”, ” city of thousand flowers”… Now, it becomes a well-know tourist city in Vietnam and Indochina as well. The main sites for tourism in Da Lat include Xuan Huong Lake, Langbiang Mount, Bao Dai palace, Biet Dien Tran Le Xuan, Truc Lam Monastery, Tuyen Lam Lake, and Da Lat Railway Station, etc.
Weather- When is the best time to visit Da Lat? Dalat Travel Guide
Da Lat experiences four seasons in one day. When you wake up, the weather will feel like spring. In midday, temperatures rise to a summary of 24 degrees Celsius. At four o’clock the air turns as crisp as an autumn’s day. By nightfall, it’s chilly like in the wintertime – well, at least by Vietnamese standards.
From February to July: It’s sunny, beautiful weather for visiting Dalat.
From August to October: It’s a little cold and rain. Remember to bring a coat and raincoat.
From November to January: It’s cold. Remember to bring a coat and accessories.
How to get there?
There are direct flights from Hanoi, Da Nang or Ho Chi Minh City to Lien Khuong airport ( Dalat ) of Vietnam Airlines, Vietjetair, Jetstar. Ticket prices range from 900,000 VND (45 $) to 1,800,000 VND ( 80 $), and it consumes from 50 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes for the flight.
- HCM city — Dalat: 600.000 VND – 900.000 VND. ( 35$- 45$)
- Danang city –Dalat: 900.000 VND đến 1.600.000 VND.( 45$- 75$)
- Ha Noi — Dalat: 1.330.000 VNĐ- 1.850.000 VNĐ. ( 60$- 80$)
Lien Khuong Airport is located in Lien Nghia commune, Duc Trong district, Lam Dong province, far about 30 kilometers from Dalat. From the Lien Khuong airport, you can take the bus (stop at the Hang Khong hotel, on Pasteur Street, near Xuan Huong Lake) for only 50,000 VND; or take a taxi about for 300,000 VND / turn.
Phuong Trang (Phương Trang) and Thanh Buoi (Thành Bưởi) car brand has many trips for the route from Sai Gon to Dalat and vice versa. The fare ranges between 230,000 VND (beds) / ticket / direction. The buses run continuously, at frequencies of between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
Telephone number to contact:
Phuong Trang Tel: +84 8.3837 5570 – +84 8. 3833 3468.
Thanh Buoi Tel: +84 8 3830 6306 – +84 8 3830 8090.
Vehicles in Dalat
The price for renting: from 80,000-120,000 VND/ day.
The price of renting: 20,000 VND/ hour.
Daytime rental (from 8 A.M to 5. P.M) : 1,000,000 VND or more. The price for those hours after 5.P.M will be counted 100,000 VND / hour.
Bus routes from the bus station in the center of Dalat city following the roads to communes and districts of Dalat, Lam Dong. Fares will be counted inclusive or under-by-turn route, from 4,000-30,000 VND / person.
Dalat Travel Guide – What destinations to visit in Dalat?
Xuan Huong Lake: this is the most famous symbol of Dalat tourism. Early morning and evening are the moments that Xuan Huong Lake is most beautiful. At this place, visitors can also take part in some games such as motor boating or sailing rubber boat on the lake.
Dalat market and Am Phu ( Hade) market: This is a not-to-be-missed destination when visiting Dalat. Here, there are beautiful second-hand warm clothes sold out along with specialties such as mulberry juice, artichoke tea, dried mixed fruits, jams, and so on.
Bao Dai palace ( III palace): This a beautiful and elegant mansion situated on a high hill of 1539m. Location: Trieu Viet Vuong street, about 2.5 km from Dalat’s center to the south.
Dalat Railway Station: Location: No. 1 Quang Trung street, Dalat city.
Dalat’s flower garden: Location: No.2 Phu Dong Thien Vuong street, far about 2km from Dalat’s center.
Dalat Cathedral ( or Chicken Church): Location: 15 Tran Phu street, Ward.3, Dalat. It is considered as the biggest church in Dalat. There is a statue of a big chicken on the top of the tower bell, Chicken Church is one of the typical and oldest architecture establishment of the city built by the French.
Domaine de Marie Cathedral: Located: Ngo Quyen Street, about 1 km from Dalat’s center to the southwest.
Dalat Teaching College: Location: 109 Yersin Street, Ward 10, Dalat city. This establishment is recognized worldwide as one of the 1,000 unique constructions of the world in the 20th century by the Association of Architects. The highlight of arc-shaped blocks is the bell tower, called “Nhà Cong”.
Trai Mat Station- Linh Phuoc Pagoda: There are some Dalat attractions such as Bao Dai Palace, Trai Mat market, or Linh Phuoc Pagoda. Linh Phuoc Pagoda has unique faience mosaics architecture. Especially, there is a dragon statue made of 12,000 beer bottles. Location: 120 Tu Phuoc street, Trai Mat, far 20km from Dalat’s center, on the Highway No.20.
Thung lung tinh yeu ( Love Valley): This is the most poetic and lyrical destination of Dalat travel, about 6km from Dalat’s center to the northeast. Visitors can climb the Vong Canh hill to contemplate the panoramic view of the Valley of Love.
Suoi Vang Valley ( Golden Stream valley): From the center of Dalat to the north, then to the 7th km Tung Lam turn left, pass about the road of 12km to Suoi Vang Lake. The routes to Suoi Vang are so beautiful; tourists should bring food and coverings so they can stop at any place they want.
Lang Biang Mountain: It is far Dalat’s center about 12 km to the north. The road up to the mountain top has wildflowers at its sides. On top of the mountain, you will see the ravishing landscape, and can also enjoy the barbecue here.
Cu Lan Village: Location: Suoi Can village, Lat commune, Lac Duong district, Lam Dong province. It is far about 9 km from Gold Valley Resort to the direction towards Golden Stream- Silver Stream.
Tuyen Lam Lake: This is the largest freshwater lake in Da Lat, with an area of 320 hectares. It is about 7 km from the center of Da Lat and 5km from the center to the south, on the road of Prenn pass. Here, you can hire a boat to travel to the island.
Truc Lam Monastery: Truc Lam Monastery is located on the Phung Hoang (Phụng Hoàng) mountain, above the Tuyen Lam Lake and about 5km from center of Dalat. This is not only the largest monastery in Lam Dong but also the fascinating sight of DaLat travel.
Prenn waterfall: Location: in the top of Prenn Pass, on Highway 20 from HCM city to Dalat, 10 km from the center of Dalat to the south.
Datanla waterfall: Location: about 5km from the center, in the middle of the Prenn Pass. From Highway 20, you turn 300 meters downhill to a small valley, then you will encounter Datanla waterfall with attractive and unspoiled landscapes.
Remote Area Of Dalat City
Cau Dat tea hill: From the city center, just run straight along Tran Hung Dao (Trần Hưng Đạo) – Hung Vuong (Hùng Vương) and see the driving directions to Trai Mat (Trại Mát), from which you can ask any roadside local people to help get to Xuan Truong (Xuân Trường). Due to the location at the altitude of 1.650m above the sea level, the climate in this tea plantation is cool all year round. Tourists can visit a tea plantation for free without any fee or other charges. Location: Xuan Truong, Lam Dong.
Elephant waterfall – Linh An pagoda: Located in the town of Ban Nam, Lam Ha (Lâm Hà) ward, 25km from Dalat city to the southwest. Elephant waterfall is one of the beautiful waterfalls of the Highlands with a height of more than 30m, about 15m in width. … Linh An Temple is located in the area of Elephant waterfall. Within the precinct of the temple, there are many big sized Buddha statues which were elaborately carved.
D’ran town: Location: at the foot of the D’ran pass, in Don Duong district and about 40 km from Dalat’s center, the town is famous for bright yellow wild sunflowers.
Pongour waterfall: Location: Duc Trong (Đức Trọng) district, about 50 km away from Dalat, Pongour is 40 meters in height, stretches nearly 7 floors and 100 meters in width.
Dambri waterfall: Location: Đam Bri commune, Bao Loc city, Lam Dong province.
Linh Quy Phap An Pagoda: Location: Loc Thanh commune, Bao Lam District, Lam Dong province, about 21km from the center of Bao Loc city to the south.
What to eat in Dalat? Restaurants in Da Lat – Dalat Travel Guide
Some famous restaurants in Dalat
1. Grilled Rice Paper Uncle Đình : 26 Hoàng Diệu street, Dalat .
2. Thanh Tri stuffed pancake (Bánh Cuốn Thanh Trì): Tran Quy Cap street, Dalat.
3. Hot pot with chicken Tao Ngộ ( Lẫu gà Lá É) : 05, 3/4 street.
4. BBQ chicken and rice : 27K, Ngô Thì Sỹ street, Dalat.
5. O Xi Quang Noodle (Mì Quảng O Xí) : A29, Mac Dinh Chi Street, Dalat.
6. Hương Quê Restaurant : 5B Hai Bà Trưng street, Ward. 6, Dalat.
7. Cu Duc (Cu Đức) barbecue shop: Located:. 6A Nguyen Luong Bang street, Ward 2, Dalat.
8. Hot pot with crab Kim Chi: 151 Bùi Thị Xuân street, Dalat.
9. Tai Ky (Tài Ký) Restaurant: no.1 / A2 Bui Thi Xuan street, Dalat
10. Carrot Restaurant: 36 Bà Triệu street, Dalat.
11. Hot pot with beef ” Gỗ restaurant” : 1/29 Hoàng Diệu street, Dalat.
12. Lien Hoa Cake Supermarket: 3/2 street, District 1, Dalat.
Where to stay in Dalat ?- Hotels, homestays in Dalat?
Dalat hotels are varied, depending on the individual conditions you can easily choose for yourself a proper hotel.
Homestay in Dalat
Best Coffee Shops in Dalat
Flower seasons in Dalat
Hydrangea flower season : Hydrangea flower is bloom in all year round.
Location: Lạc Dương district, next to Highway 723 and far about 15km from Dalat city.
From January to March : Sakura Cherry Blossom Season
This flower is considered as the flower species of Dalat in spring, often hatched in late January or early February to March.
Location: Some places to look for cherry blossoms: street of Tran Hung Dao, Xo Viet Nghe Tinh, Ho Tung Mau, Yersin and Xuan Huong Lake. The road to Trai Mat Station and Tuyen Lam lake, you will pass Da Quy slope ( Xuan Tho, Trai Mat). This is the famous place with many Sakura Cherry Blossom.
From February to March: Ban Flower Season
The branches of Ban trees crooked as created from the hands of the artist. Leaves are like a heart shape two sides, they are sparse but not dense.
Location: Some places to look for Ban flower: Quang Trung street, Trần Hưng Đạo Quang Trung street, Trần Phú Quang Trung street, Phù Đổng Thiên Vương Quang Trung street.
From March to April: Mimosa Season and Purple Flamboyant Season
Mimosa flower is fresh yellow and small round. Its shaped is like dandelion flower.
Location: The Mimosa pass ( the new pass ), Golden Valley resort.
Purple Flamboyant Flower
Flamboyant is a ‘specialty’ of Da Lat in March and April. Not only covering to make the roads cooler but purple Flamboyant also help decorate the roads more romantic. Purple Flamboyant usually blossoms in a bunch, which can turn a corner of Da Lat into what feels like a dream.
Location: Banks of Xuân Hương Lake, Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai street, Rock slope, Bùi Thị Xuân street, Ánh Sáng street…
From January to May: Dandelion Flower Season
Dandelion flowers is belong to the family of daisies. At first, dandelion is bloom in yellow and then turn into pure white. Dandelion is bloom from January to early May.
Location: Yersin street is the place having most of dandelion flower . In addition, some place to watch dandelion: Xuân Hương Lake, Valley of Love, Golden Valley, Palace II or Robin.
From April to June : Sunflower season
After the sun rises, the sunflowers turn their faces from east to west to welcome the dawn. And at night, they rearrange themselves by twisting 180 degrees back to the west.
Location: the Ta Nung pass, Da Lat milk factory , Mê Linh Coffee Garden.
From September to November : Lavender Season and Buckwheat Flower Season.
Lavender is loved by many not only because of its lovely pastel purple but also because of its relaxing scent. Lavender in Dalat has flowers all year round, however, the best time to enjoy it is from September to November.
Location: Van Thanh Flower Village, Tuyen Lam Lake, The Valley of Love.
Buckwheat Flower Season
visitors in southern do not have to travel the long distance to Ha Giang in order to admire the beauty of the buckwheat flower as they can find buckwheat in Da Lat
Location: Van Duc Pagoda, Dalatmilk Company, Cau Dat tea hill.
From October to December : Wild Sunflower Season
Location: The wonderful wild sunflowers roads in Dalat:
– Cam Ly Airport– Van Thanh flower village – Ta Nung – Elephant waterfall – Liang BiAng Mountain.
– Trai Mat – Cau Dat Tea Hill – D’ran – Don Duong – Chau Son – Phi Nom- Tu Tra
– Frenn pass – Highway no. 20- Phu Hiep and Di Linh pass – Lien Khuong- Nam Ban- Ta Nung
From November to December: Pink grass season
Pink grass are known as a weed in North America called Muhlenbergia capillaris. the local people of Da Lat also named Snow grass or Mink tail grass.This grass have white body , the grass’s flowers are pink mix purple , grow in clusters and appear a lots on November in early winter. Pink grass have a power life. Although raising on arid land or bad weather , they always grow strongly and beautifully.
Location: Pink grass on Golden Valley, Thai Phien flower village and Suoi Vang ( Golden Stream pink grass).
Ticket price to visit Dalat’s attractions in 2018
- Prenn waterfall resort: 30,000 VND / adult and 15,000 VND/ child.
- Datanla waterfall resort: 30,000 VND/ adult and 10,000/ child.
- Elephant waterfall – Nam Ban town- Lam Ha: 10,000VND/ adult and 5,000 VND/ child.
- Tiger Cave : 10,000 VND/ adult and free for child.
- Lavender field of Cau Dat: 100,000 VND/ adult and 50,000 VND / child.
- Hydrangea flower garden: 20,000 VND / adult and 10, 000 VND / child.
- Flower Field in Dalat: 30,000 VND / adult and 20,000 VND / child.
- Hoa Son Dien Trang: 30,000 VND / adult and 15,000 VND / child.
- Dalat Da Phong Tourist Area: Entrance fee for adults is 50 000VND / person and children is 35,000VND / person.
- Ta Nung Crane Farm: 10,000VND / person including cost of visiting the cricket farm and free enjoying a crispy crust.
- Dambri waterfall resort in Bao Loc, Lam Dong: 150,000 VND / person
- Palace III – Bao Dai Palace: 25,000 VND / adult. Free for child under 1m2
- Mong Mo Hill Tourist Area: 50,000 VND / adult and 30,000 VND / child.
- Crazy house- Hang Nga Villa: 40,000 VND/ adult and 20,000 VND/ child.
- Minh Tam flower garden: 10,000 VND/ adult and free for child
- Camly Dalat Waterfall The price for adults is 20,000 VND / person and 10.000 VND / child.
- Valley of Love: Adult tickets are 100,000 VND and 50,000 VND / child.
- Lunar Lake Resort: Adult tickets are VND 20,000 and VND 10,000 / child
- Langbiang Mountain Resort: Adult fare is 30,000 VND and 15,000 VND / child
- Van Thanh Vegetable Farm: 40,000 VND / 1 adult and 20 000 VND / 1 child.
- Jeep to the top of Radar: 60,000 VND / person. 400,000 VND/ person one round trip.
- Cu Lan Village Resort: 60,000 VND. Free for child under 1m2.
- Golden Valley Resort: 40,000 VND/ adult and 20,000 VND/ child.
- Dalat Flower Garden: Adults are VND 30,000 / adult and VND 15,000 / child.
- Truc Lam Meditation Center: 70,000 VND/ adult and 40,000 VND / child.
- Central Highland Biological Museum: 15,000 VND/ adult and free for child.
- Tran Le Xuan Palace – National Archives IV (Moc Nguyen Dynasty): 15,000 VND/ adult and free for child.
- Bidoup – Nui Ba National Park: 20,000 VND / adult and 10,000 VND / child.
- Pongour Waterfall Resort: 10,000 VND/ adult and 5,000 VND / child.
- Lam Dong Museum – Nguyen Huu Hao Palace (Nam Phuong Hoang Hau Palace): 10,000 VND/ adult and free for child.
- Truc Lam Vien – Tran Le Gia Trang tourist area: 30,000 VND / adult 15 000 VND / child.
- Tunnel sculpture – Dalat Star Cuckoo Tunnel: 60,000 VND / adult and 30,000 VND/ child.
- Harmony Garden – Hi-Tech Strawberry Garden: 10,000 VND / adult and free for child.
- Da Lat train – round trip train: 85,000 VND/ Vietnamese, 124,000 VND / foreigner.